When women and girls are empowered, everyone benefits.
- Skilled women join India's workforce and contribute to economy
- Aware mothers ensure that their children go to school
- Self-reliant women contribute for household expenses
- Empowered women become change makers and support other women
Smile Foundation’s She Can Fly initiative is aimed at enabling and empowering women and girls to become self-reliant and rise up to their full potential through interventions in education, vocational and skill training, and healthcare and nutrition. It is also a step towards sensitising the civil society at large and helping create a gender neutral society
Join hands with us to empower our country's daughters today, so that they can help India grow tomorrow!
A mother, a sister, a daughter, a home-maker, a teacher, a doctor, a leader; women hold our worlds together in a million ways. While we worship the divine goddess in the form of idols we also immerse their real strengths in a pool of our own insecurities and suppress a girl, a woman in many different ways! A girl child comes into this world with just as many expectations, dreams and aspiration as a boy, but soon finds out that her way towards achieving them is much more challenging. She aims to fly high, but her wings are cut by the ruthlessly unjust gender bias that our society is ridden with.
Starting from something as basic as her right to be born, she has to fight a battle all her life and struggle for the most fundamental needs – for freedom, for equal opportunity, for making her voice heard.
As a child she is taught to obey, follow the societal rules and stop dreaming. When she is a little older a suitable match is found and she is sent off to her family where her husband and her in-laws lay down another set of rules. She becomes a mother at a very young age and from then on her life revolves around her many children.
The mere absence of an education and the many different set of rules that a girl has to follow according to the norms of the society makes her suffer mentally, emotionally and physically from a very young age. Her freedom is tied in chains, her decisions are discarded and her individuality gets trapped in the four walls of her home.
Smile Foundation’s initiative ‘She Can Fly’ is an effort to enable, equip and empower girl children with quality education, proper nutrition, good health, adequate skills, and above all a lot of self-confidence to help them live their lives to their fullest potential. Street plays, sensitization and scholarship for girl scholars of the Swabhiman programme; health, education and nutrition programme of the Mission Education programme; regular check-ups within the Smile on Wheels programme and the skill development programme of the STeP programme are some of the ways we have ensured that the child, young girls and women bloom to their absolute potential!
This is also a step towards sensitizing the civil society at large and helping create a girl child/women friendly society to help her thrive.
Let us all come forward and join hands to give wings to her dreams. Empower, educate, and make her strong to stand her own ground and shine in her efforts. She Can Fly, let’s give her the sky!
Every action counts! If you would like to lend your support by volunteering, please drop a mail to [email protected]
Looking for extending some CSR support, engaging your employees towards the cause and spreading hundreds of smiles along the way? Please write to [email protected]
1. Smile Foundation collects information from the users in a number of ways, for example when the user:
2. While forwarding a donation for Smile Foundation the well-wishers have to submit some personal information as it would help us ensuring genuine contributions:
3. Smile Foundation does not collect or record the user’s personal information unless he/she chooses to provide it.
Use of Personal Information
1. General browsing of Smile Foundation website is anonymous and it does not register the user'spersonal information except the time, date and place of visits and the name of internet service provider. This data is used only for statistics and diagnosis.
2. By signing up for various services offered by Smile Foundation, the user explicitly authorizes us to collect information based on the user's usage. The information is used to help provide a better experience to the user and is used as per the user’s specified instructions.
3. Smile Foundation keeps the user information strictly confidential and this information is secured safely. All relevant information collected through Smile Foundation website is handled and used by internal and/or authorized officials only. It is nevershared with any external agencies or third party individuals.
4. Smile Foundation uses the information givento it in the following ways:
5. Usually, Smile Foundation does not store user data. In case of specific sign-ups, the data is stored as per user request. The user can opt to delete all the information he/she has provided by simply requesting such by mail. All information, without exception, will be deleted in two working days.
Privacy of e-mail lists
Individuals who join Smile Foundation’s mailing lists via its website or through its campaigning engagements are added to its email database. Smile Foundation does not sell, rent, loan, trade, or lease the addresses on our lists to anyone.
1. Cookies are pieces of electronic information which will be sent by Smile Foundation when a user visitsthe website. These will be placed in the hard disk of the user’s computer and enable Smile Foundation to recognise the user when he/she visits the website again.
2. The user can configure his/her browser so that it responds to cookies the way he/she deems fit. For example, you make want to accept all cookies, reject them all or get notified when a cookie is sent. The users may check their browser’s settings to modify cookie behaviour as per individual behaviour.
1. SmileFoundation uses well-recognised and proven technology for payments. Payment information is transferred by the use of an SSL connection which offers the highest degree of security that the donor’s browser is able to support.
2. Several layers of built-in security, including an advanced firewall system, encryption of credit card numbers, and use of passwords, protect the collected information.
External Web Services
1. Smile Foundation uses a number of external web services on its site to display content within its web pages. For example, to display video it uses YouTube. As with the social media buttons, Smile Foundation cannot prevent these sites, or external domains, from collecting information on the user’s consumption of the content embedded on its site.
3. Smile Foundation is not expressly or impliedly responsible for, or liable to any loss or damage caused to a user by the collection, use and retention of Personal Information by such website in any manner whatsoever. It is important that the users review the privacy policies of all websites they visit before disclosing any information to such websites.
Welcome to this web-site of SMILE FOUNDATION. We make public our policy on refund and cancellation of donations received for the social cause on payment gateway as under:-
Use of this site is provided by SMILE FOUNDATION subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
SMILE FOUNDATION reserves the rights to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to SMILE FOUNDATION are provided “as is” without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will SMILE FOUNDATION be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence.
SMILE FOUNDATION does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without prior authorization from SMILE FOUNDATION. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any license by SMILE FOUNDATION to use any item displayed.
Documents may be copied for personal use only on the condition that copyright and source indications are also copied, no modifications are made and the document is copied entirely. However, some documents and photos have been published on this site with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not SMILE FOUNDATION). All rights are reserved on these documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (the sources are indicated within these documents/photographs).
SMILE FOUNDATION takes no responsibility for the content of external Internet sites. Other websites that we link to are owned and operated by third parties and SMILE FOUNDATION has no control over them. The fact that we include links to other websites does not mean that SMILE FOUNDATION approves of or endorses any other third party website or the content of that website. We accept no liability for any statements, information, products or services that are published on or are accessible through any websites owned or operated by third parties.
These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of India.
If these terms and conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately. SMILE FOUNDATION for Social Welfare Service is a registered at
161 B/4, 3rd Floor, Gulmohar House
Yusuf Sarai Community Centre
Phone : +91-11-43123700